1. How much is tuition? Tuition for K thru 2nd is $750 for the year, which includes Sunday mornings and all school and family programs, plus materials and youth group events. Tuition for 3rd thru 7th grades is $995, which includes Sundays, Tuesdays, and individualized Hebrew, plus all school and family programs, materials, and youth group events. Tuition for 8th thru 12th is $300.
2. Is synagogue membership required to participate in the BHBE Academy? Yes. The BHBE community highly subsidizes the Academy program, and the synagogue and school are intertwined. Synagogue membership for new families is $1,800 for the first three years ($975 for single-parent households). Please note: Cost is no barrier to membership or participation. We want you as a part of our community. If membership and/or tuition costs are ever a concern, simply have a conversation with Executive Director Michael Kahn to work out an arrangement together that is comfortable and appropriate for you. No financial forms or documentation required.
4. What is the school calendar for 2021-2022? We begin in the middle of September and go through the middle of May, for approximately 27 Sundays and 28 Tuesdays. View/download the 2021-2022 Academy calendar. The calendar for 2022-2023 will be available in May.
5. Can you tell us more about the curriculum for each grade? Sure! See below!
6. How do I register? Registration for 2022-2023 will open on May 1, 2022! If you are a current family, a registration link will be sent to you directly. If you are a new family, reach out to Director of Education Aaron Frankel at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process going! If you would like to explore making independent financial arrangements (see #3, above), please contact Executive Director Michael Kahn before registering!
7. Do you have more questions? Would you like to set up a conversation or sign up with the incentive? Send a message to email@example.com.
8. Detailed breakdowns and explanations of the 2021-2022 curriculum. Select a grade below to download a pdf of the curriculum. Check back soon for information about 2022-2023.