1. How much is tuition? Tuition for K thru 2nd is $750 for the year, which includes Sunday mornings and all school and family programs, plus materials and youth group events. Tuition for 3rd thru 7th grades is $975, which includes Sundays, Tuesdays, and individualized Hebrew, plus all school and family programs, materials, and youth group events. (School Shabbat dinners are extra.) Tuition for 8th thru 12th is $300.
2. I hear there is a special incentive for new families. Is this true? Yes! Thanks to a generous donor, new families with students going into K thru 2nd are being offered a special rate for the 2021-2022 school year of $180 tuition, with membership comped! (Tuition for additional students at the regular rate.) Reach out to Director of Education Aaron Frankel for more information or to sign up! (Available to the first ten families to join.) This is a great opportunity to try out the program for a year!
3. Is synagogue membership required to participate in the BHBE Academy? Yes. The BHBE community highly subsidizes the Academy program, and the synagogue and school are intertwined. Synagogue membership for new families is $1,800 for the first three years ($975 for single-parent households). Please note: Cost is no barrier to membership or participation. We want you as a part of our community. (First year membership comped for families taking advantage of the special incentive.) If membership and/or tuition costs are ever a concern, simply have a conversation with Executive Director Michael Kahn to work out an arrangement together that is comfortable and appropriate for you. No financial forms or documentation required.
4. What is the school calendar for 2021-2022? We begin in the middle of September and go through the middle of May, for approximately 27 Sundays and 25 Tuesdays.
5. Can you tell us more about the curriculum for each grade? Sure! See #9, below!
6. How do I register? Registration opens on May 1, 2021! If you are a current family, here is the registration form! If you are a new family, reach out to Director of Education Aaron Frankel at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process going! If you would like to explore making independent financial arrangements (see #3, above), please contact Executive Director Michael Kahn before registering!
7. Do you have more questions? Would you like to set up a conversation or sign up with the incentive? Contact Director of Education Aaron Frankel at email@example.com, or phone, 773 256-0755. (Leave a message and he will call you back!)
8. Detailed breakdowns and explanations of next year’s curriculum.